Saturday, March 18, 2006

Learning!

I think everyone who writes, in whatever capacity, would like to think what they write will somehow impact their readers to some degree. Maybe give some food for thought, change a perspective, evoke an emotion. It would be wonderful to know that what I have to say is worthwhile in anothers eyes. Sometimes I feel I'm far too serious or too introspective. But that's me and at this age it would be pretty hard to change. And let's face it....blogging is simply about sharing thoughts, experiences, ideas, etc. So let me share some of my thoughts with you. Some of the things I have learned in the past couple of months.

I have learned to keep my cell phone on at all times - especially during working hours.

I have learned to keep my briefcase, day timer, notebook and business cards together. Separation of these items can lead to a frustration level no woman should be made to endure.

I have learned in another's death that my life continues. That I am here and now and I can still make a future for myself. I still have a chance.

I have learned to accept the fact that I am a middleaged woman who no longer functions as a 20/30 year old. I am woman, hear me......creak.




I have learned that I cannot have everything I want or have it my way all the time. Ouch! That one left a bit of a mark.

I have learned two very important things about myself. And that is that I am too easily pleased and too eager to love. Both are emotionally loaded guns and must be handled with great care and respect. No wonder I was walking with a limp. I kept shooting myself in the foot. Go figure!

And last, but not least, I have learned to accept the woman I am. A woman who has a heart as big as all outdoors, an infectious personality and laugh to go with it. Who is smart enough to hold a conversation and ditzy enough to be funny without trying. A woman who wants nothing more then to grow old gracefully with dignity and character.

So my friends these are a few of the things I've learned since the beginning of the year. I wonder what lessons the rest of this year will bring......or not.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ronald said...

I've learned nothing for a long time. All I can do is continue to be me, which is okay, for most of the time I like who I am. I'm not about to adapt anymore. I've compromised enough.

10:31 AM  
Blogger Ronald said...

Why do I comment on your blog and talk about myself? How rude. I apologise. I'm tired and weary. Not at my best.

10:39 AM  
Blogger Gammys Perspective said...

Absolutely no need to apologise, Daft Bugger. Besides, learning isn't compromise it's just learning. Knowing something you didn't know or realise before if even about yourself or things around you. I think you're still learning....you just don't know it. Thanks for the comments.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home