Saturday, August 12, 2006

Going Somewhere?

Life is a journey. From the moment we are born we begin the journey of destiny. Our feet are set on a pathway that takes us in many different directions. Some we choose freely and some chosen for us.

My road has been varied over the years. Sometimes the road has been like a smooth highway where I can just put myself on cruise control. Those are the times when life is quiet and unassuming. Then comes the road that takes me up a hill of hope and exhilaration. The assent up can be a gradual incline or rather steep and arduous. Depending on the situation, I can spend some time on that hill just looking around at my life and enjoying the view of the moment from the pinnacle of emotion. Then, sooner or later the descent must be made. So down I come. Now this is where it gets tricky. This is usually where the S curves and hairpin turns come in. This part of the journey must be made with focused attention and deftness of skill. One wrong move, one miscalculation, could prove to be disasterous. This is where most wrecked lives happen so one must proceed with caution. After navigating this part of the journey comes the inevitable fork in the road. This is where decesions are made. This is where it gets interesting. Which way to go, which way to turn.

I am at the fork in the road of my journey. I'm not sure which way I'lll go but I know that it will be good. How can I be so sure? Because I know me. I know that I'll make the right decision. I have years of experience to help me choose wisely. I have a life, I have a destiny, I have a purpose. I know that if I see the decision I made is not good I can always turn around. My road is wide enough to make U turns. No problem! And if along the way someone decides to join me on my journey my road is wide enough to handle more then just me. Would you like to join me on my journey?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait! As a Grandmother myself, I am always more interested in the journey rather than the destination.

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's an interesting metaphor for life Gammy. Good luck!

8:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home