Sunday, September 04, 2005

Martha Stewart I'm Not!

When I was younger I had a place for everything and everything was in it's place. I was a clean freak to the max. This was my idenity, my mark, my badge of courage so to speak.....this was my lot in life. Isn't that what women do? Isn't that what makes a happy home? Isn't that the oil that keeps the wheels of life running smoothly? Yes, I'm laughing too. So, by all means enjoy yourself.

I'm 58 now. A little more wisdom under my belt, a few more hard knocks of life bruises and I've come to a different conclusion. I don't live in a house any longer but in a third floor flat that was once the attic of an old house. Storage is at a minimum so everything doesn't have it's own place and surpriseing enough the world hasn't been tipped from it axis because of it. Of course I still clean. But if it doesn't get done on a daily basis. I won't die because of it. I've found out that if dishes remain in the sink overnight they will still be there in the morning.....and maybe that night as well. It's just not a big deal. Life is way too short to worry about a speck of dust or a dirty window. Catch up with it later.

There's a lot more to life then making sure every nook and cranny is free from dust mites. Let's face it, they were here before us. Let 'em live in peace I say. They don't bother me, I don't bother them. I want to take part in life as it's happening. Right now, right here. I don't want it to pass me by any longer. I want to live, I want to love, I want to laugh and, yes, even cry. I want to take a walk at the start of a snowfall and come back inside to a warm home and warm arms to hold me. I want to take the time to enjoy a beautiful sunrise or sunset and just sit in silence as I watch nature turning the clock of day. I want to take the time to look at all the beautiful Fall colors that will soon be arriving. What designer could outdo nature when she takes out her pallet of colors and sweeps it across the trees. What an array of spendor each tree is adorned with.

I applaud the Marth Stewart's of this world. We need them I suppose. But for me???? It just ain't that important.

4 Comments:

Blogger Gammys Perspective said...

Thanks for you support, Don. OMG I'm actually cleaning closets and drawers. Pray for me. I think I need help.

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny thing is...I remember those days when you were like that...the proverbial eat off the floor kind of thing...even Joey was squeaky...if you could catch him down and tie him up long enough (:o

Think that was the little Catholic girl thing in you...

My my how times change...(;)

7:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha, this one sound so much like me... I need help too... a BIG HELP!!!

1:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, on the defensive side, I do clean also, but that's when i can no longer stand the mess...

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home